Sir Ralph Bassett  25
- Marriage: Margaret (Margery) de Somery 
- Died: 4 Aug 1265, Evesham, Worcestershire, England
Cause of his death was killed in action.
Sir Ralph Basset was the son of Ralph Basset .2 He married Margaret de Somery , daughter of Roger de Somery and Nicole d'Aubigny .2 He died on 4 August 1265 at Evesham, Worcestershire, England , killed in action.2
On 24 December 1264 he was summoned to Parliament by writ, but this writ did not create a peerage as it was issued 'in rebellion.2' He fought in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265, against the King.2
1. G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume VI, page 174. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
2. Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 1.
3. Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 2.
Ralph married Margaret (Margery) de Somery  [MRIN: 8348], daughter of Roger de Somery  and Nicole d'Aubigny .