- Born: 7 Jul 1861, Adams Township, Seneca County, Ohio, USA 160
- Marriage (1): John C Downs  on 30 Aug 1881 in Marshall County, Indiana, USA 379
- Marriage (2): Charles Moseback  after 1898 in Indiana, USA 160
- Died: 9 May 1927, Lapaz, Marshall, Indiana at age 65 143
- Buried: 11 May 1927, Highland Cemetery, South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana, USA 143,2019,2020
Another name for Ellen was Ellen M. Whiteman.183
1870 OH Seneca Co Adams Twp Census - Ella 1880 OH Seneca Co Adams Twp Census - Name? - 12 yrs - school WFT Vol. 9 #3071
Ellen Whiteman Downs Mosbach, is buried in Highland Cemetery, on Portage Rd going NE side o f South Bend, north of Angela Rd. The gravestone states "Moseback" rather than as recorded in the Rothrock source. In the family plot, she rests next to son, H. H (Harry) Downs. This plot is east of the Council Oak tree toward Portage Road. 574-234-0036.
Cemetery Sexton also confirms a "Leslie" buried with Ellen and Henry, but unknown if last name is Downs or Moseback. Date of 1918, but unknown if that is date of death or date of purchase of the plot. I have no other information on this individual. psg 8-25-2005
Noted events in her life were:
• Alt. Birth: Alt. Birth Adams Twp., Seneca Co., OH, 7 Jul 1861. 143,160
Ellen married John C Downs  [MRIN: 9985], son of Stephen R Downs  [KN1R-QWT] and Christiana Brillhart  [KN1R-Q8H], on 30 Aug 1881 in Marshall County, Indiana, USA.379 (John C Downs  was born in 1860 in Sandusky County, Ohio, USA 143 and died after 1953 in Boyne City, Charlevoix Co., MI 171.)
The gender of Ellen A. Whiteman is female.
Spouse: John Downs
Marriage Date: Aug 30, 1881
This record can be found in the County Court Records, Film # 1651768 - 1651771.
Book E, page 35.
Ellen next married Charles Moseback  [MRIN: 9955] after 1898 in Indiana, USA.160