Henry III Plantagenet King of England  24,25
- Born: 1 Oct 1207, Winchester Castle, Hampshire, England
- Marriage: Eleanor of Provence Berenger  [LC18-J2C] on 14 Jan 1236 in Canterbury Cathedral, Canterbury, Kent, England
- Died: 16 Nov 1272, Westminster Palace, Westminster, Middlesex, England at age 65
- Buried: 20 Nov 1272, Westminster Abbey, Westminster, Middlesex, England
FamilySearch ID: 94RZ-9SP.
Acceded: 28 Oct 1216, Gloucester Cathedral
http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/PLANTAGENET.htm#HENRY III PLANTAGENET (Ki ng of England)
Reigned 1216-1272. A minor when he took the throne he did not take the reigns
of Government himself until 1234. Baronian discontent simmered, boiling over
in 1258 when Henry facing financial disaster attempted to raise large sums
from his magnates. Reforms were agreed upon but then renouced by Henry. Simon
de Montford lead a rebellion against the King (the Barons Wars) which was
defeated after initial success, thereafter Henry ceeded much of his pow er to
his son. Burke say he was born 10 Oct 1206 and married 14 Jan, crowned 121 6.
Noted events in his life were:
• Acceded, 28 Oct 1216, Gloucester Cathedral.
Henry married Eleanor of Provence Berenger  [LC18-J2C] [MRIN: 440], daughter of Raymond V of Provence Berenger 4th Count of Provence  and Beatrice de Savoie , on 14 Jan 1236 in Canterbury Cathedral, Canterbury, Kent, England. (Eleanor of Provence Berenger  [LC18-J2C] was born in 1217 in Aix-en-Provence, France, died on 24 Jan 1291 in Amesbury Abbey, Wiltshire and was buried in Convent Church, Amesbury.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Alt. Marriage: Alt. Marriage, 14 Jan 1236. Canterbury Cathedral, Kent, England