William Bourke 7th Earl of Clanricard  24
- Marriage (1): Lettice Shirley 
- Marriage (2): Lady Helen MacCarty Countess of Clanricarde 
- Died: Oct 1687
Lord of Upper Connacht.
William Bourke, 7th Earl of Clanricarde gained the rank of Colonel in 1640 in the service of the Royal Service.2 He succeeded to the title of 7th Earl of Clanricarde [I., 1543] in August 1666.2 He succeeded to the title of 5th Viscount Bourke of Clanmories, co. Mayo [I., 1629] in August 1666.2 He succeeded to the title of 7th Baron de Dunkellin [I., 1543] in August 1666.2 He held the office of Lieutenant of County Galway in 1680.2 He was invested as a Privy Counsellor (P.C.) [Ireland] on 30 April 1681.2 He held the office of Governor of County Galway in 1687.2
1. Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 2, page 1866. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition.
2. G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume III, page 232. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
Noted events in his life were:
• Acceded: 7th Earl of Clanricard, 1666.
William married Lettice Shirley  [MRIN: 13787], daughter of Sir Henry Shirley 2nd Baronet  and Dorothy Devereux . (Lettice Shirley  was born about 1617, died about Sep 1655 and was buried on 25 Sep 1655.)
William next married Lady Helen MacCarty Countess of Clanricarde  [MRIN: 551615218]. (Lady Helen MacCarty Countess of Clanricarde  died between 6 Aug 1720 and 29 Jun 1722.)