Nest ap Rhys Princess of Deheubarth  24
- Marriage (1): Gerald de Windsor Constable of Pembroke Castle  about 1100
- Marriage (2): Henry I Beauclerc of Normandy King of England  [9HYJ-XQC]
- Marriage (3): Stephen of Cardigan Constable 
- Died: Bef 1136
Known as the most beautiful woman in Wales. She had many lovers.
In Christmas 1108 Owain ap Cadwgan of Cardigan came to visit Gerald and Nesta.
He so lusted after her that he, that night, attacked the castle and carried
her off and had his way with her. This upset Henry I so much that the incident
started a war.
Nesta, Princess of Deheubarth was the daughter of Rhys ap Tewdwr, Prince of South Wales and Gladys of Powys.2,1 She married Gerald fitz Walter , son of Walter fitz Otho and Gladys ap Comyn , circa 1100.3 She died before 1136.2
She was heiress of the lands of Carew, near Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire.3 She was also known as Nest of Wales.4 She gained the title of Princess Nesta of Deheubarth.5
1. G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 436. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
2. Royal Genealogies Website (ROYAL92.GED), online <ftp://ftp.cac.psu.edu/genealogy/public_html/royal/index.html>. Hereinafter cited as Royal Genealogies Website.
3. Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 682. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
4. Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume VII, page 200.
5. Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 48. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Family.
Nest married Gerald de Windsor Constable of Pembroke Castle  [MRIN: 1098], son of Walter of Windsor FitzOther Keeper of the Forrest  and Gladys ap Comyn , about 1100. (Gerald de Windsor Constable of Pembroke Castle  died before 1136.)
Nest next married Henry I Beauclerc of Normandy King of England  [9HYJ-XQC] [MRIN: 1096], son of William I the Conqueror Plantagenet King of England  [9CWS-BZZ] and Matilda of Flanders . (Henry I Beauclerc of Normandy King of England  [9HYJ-XQC] was born about Sep 1068 in Selby, Yorkshire, England, died on 1 Dec 1135 in St Denis-Le-Fermont, Near Gisors and was buried in Reading Abbey, Berkshire, England.). The cause of his death was died from over eating Lampreys.
Nest next married Stephen of Cardigan Constable  [MRIN: 1099].