Lady Elizabeth Clifford Baroness Clifford  24
- Born: 18 Sep 1613, Skipton, Yorkshire, England
- Marriage: Richard Boyle 1st. Earl of Burlington  on 3 Jul 1634 in Skipton Castle, Craven, Yorkshire, England
- Died: 6 Jan 1689/90 at age 76
- Buried: 20 Jan 1689/90
Inherited the Barony in error.
Elizabeth Clifford, Baroness Clifford was born on 18 September 1613 at Skipton Castle, Craven, Yorkshire, England .4 She was the daughter of Henry Clifford, 5th Earl of Cumberland and Frances Cecil .3 She was baptised on 7 October 1613 at Skipton Parish Church, Craven, Yorkshire, England .4 She married Sir Richard Boyle, 2nd Earl of the County of Cork, son of Sir Richard Boyle, 1st Earl of the County of Cork and Catherine Fenton , on 5 July 1635 at Skipton Castle, Craven, Yorkshire, England5 She died on 6 January 1690/91 at age 77.3 She was buried on 20 January 1690/91.3 Her will was probated in March 1691.3
Her married name became Boyle. As a result of her marriage, Elizabeth Clifford, Baroness Clifford was styled as Countess of Cork on 15 September 1643. She succeeded to the title of 2nd Baroness Clifford [E., 1628] on 11 December 1643, suo jure.4
1. G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume XI, page 434. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
2. Artcyclopedia, online <http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists>. Hereinafter cited as Artcyclopedia.
3. Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 431.
4. Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume III, page 302.
5. Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 430.
6.Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 899. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
Noted events in her life were:
• Acceded, 1628.
• Will probated, Mar 1691. Her will was probated in March 1691
Elizabeth married Richard Boyle 1st. Earl of Burlington  [MRIN: 551611360], son of Richard Boyle 1st Earl of Cork  and Catherine Fenton , on 3 Jul 1634 in Skipton Castle, Craven, Yorkshire, England. (Richard Boyle 1st. Earl of Burlington  was born on 20 Oct 1612 in College of Youghal, Youghal, County Cork, Ireland, died on 13 Jan 1696/97 and was buried on 3 Feb 1696/97 in Londesborough, Yorkshire, England.)