AEthelbert I (St.) of Kent King of Kent  24
- Born: Abt 552
- Marriage: Bertha Princess of Paris, Queen of Kent  before 597
- Died: 24 Feb 616 about age 64
Another name for AEthelbert was or Ethelbert, or Aethelberht or Æðelbeorht I.
Acceded: CIR 560
His feast day is 24th Feb.
Kingof KentV from around 580 or 590 until his death
Ethelbert (or Æthelbert, or Aethelberht) (means roughly 'Magnificent Noble') (c. 552 \endash February 24 , 616 </wiki/616>) was King <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_of_Kent> of Kent <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Kent> from around 580 or 590 until his death. Bede <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bede> lists Ethelbert as being the third king to hold imperium over other Anglo-Saxon <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxons> kingdoms. In the late 9th century <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9th_century> Anglo-Saxon Chronicle <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_Chronicle> Ethelbert is referred to as a Bretwalda <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretwalda>. After his death, he was regarded as a saint <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint>.
1. Unknown article title, Journal of the Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, Chobham, Surrey, U.K., volume 1, issue 6, page 409. Hereinafter cited as Foundation for Medieval Genealogy.
2. John Morby, Dynasties of the World: a chronological and genealogical handbook (Oxford, Oxfordshire, U.K.: Oxford University Press, 1989), page 64. Hereinafter cited as Dynasties of the World.
3. E. B. Fryde, D. E. Greenway, S. Porter and I. Roy, editors, Handbook of British Chronology, 3rd edition (London, U.K.: Royal Historical Society, 1986), page 12. Hereinafter cited as Handbook of British Chronology.
4. Fryde, Greenway, Porter and Roy, Handbook of British Chronology, page 13.
5. Fryde, Greenway, Porter and Roy, Handbook of British Chronology, page 6.
Noted events in his life were:
• Acceded, Abt 560.
• Feast Day, 24 Feb.
AEthelbert married Bertha Princess of Paris, Queen of Kent  [MRIN: 1909], daughter of Caribert I of Paris Frankish king of Paris  and Ingoberge Queen of Paris , before 597. (Bertha Princess of Paris, Queen of Kent  was born in 539 in Paris, Seine, France and died about 612.)