Gruffydd ap Llywelyn King of Deheubarth, King of the Britons  24
- Born: Abt 1007
- Marriage: Ealdgyth (Edith)of Mercia  about 1050
- Died: 1063 about age 56
Gruffydd ap Llywelyn, King of Wales succeeded to the title of King Gruffydd I of Wales in 1039.1,2
1. lison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 36. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Family.
2. John Morby, Dynasties of the World: a chronological and genealogical handbook (Oxford, Oxfordshire, U.K.: Oxford University Press, 1989), page 74. Hereinafter cited as Dynasties of the World.
Noted events in his life were:
• Acceded: King of Gwynedd and Powys, 1039. King of Gwynedd and Powys 1039\endash 1055
• Acceded: King of all Wales, 1055. was the ruler of all Wales from 1055 until his death, the only Welsh monarch able to make this boast.
Gruffydd married Ealdgyth (Edith)of Mercia  [MRIN: 3355], daughter of AElfgar of Mercia Earl of Mercia  and AElfgifu , about 1050. (Ealdgyth (Edith)of Mercia  was born about 1057 and died after 1070.)