Sir Robert of Leicester de Beaumont 2nd Earl of Leicester  24,129
- Born: 1104
- Marriage: Amice de Gael  [LHZR-PGG]
- Died: 5 Apr 1168 at age 64
Robert de Beaumont (1104 - 1168, twin brother of Waleran de Beaumont), 2nd Earl of Leicester who married Amice de Montfort, a daughter of Ralph de Gael de Montfort, Seigneur of Montfort de Gael in Brittany. Their children:
Hawise de Beaumont Click on Amice de Montfort <http://www3.sympatico.ca/robert.sewell/osbern.html> for this line.
Sir Robert de Beaumont (born before 1135, died at Durazzo, Greece, 1190), 3rd Earl of Leicester, married Petronilla de Grandmesnil <http://www3.sympatico.ca/robert.sewell/grandmesnil.html>, their daughter:
Margaret de Beaumont married Saher de Quincy
Robert de Beaumont, 2nd Earl of Leicester gained the title of 2nd Earl of Leicester.1 Robert de Beaumont, 2nd Earl of Leicester also went by the nick-name of 'Le Bossu'. He has an extensive biographical entry in the Dictionary of National Biography.3
See his Biography: http://www.thepeerage.com/e276.htm
1. :Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 66. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Family.
2. G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume XII/2, page 829. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
3. Matthew H.C.G., editor, Dictionary of National Biography on CD-ROM (Oxford, U.K.: Oxford University Press, 1995), reference: "Beaumont, Robert de". Hereinafter cited as Dictionary of National Biography.
4.Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume VII, page 527.
Robert married Amice de Gael  [LHZR-PGG] [MRIN: 2282], daughter of Ralph II de Gael Seigneur de Gael  and Unknown.