Gilbert the Red de Clare 3rd Earl of Gloucester  24
- Born: 2 Sep 1243, Christchurch, Hampshire, England
- Marriage (1): Alice de Lusignan 
- Marriage (2): Princess Joan of Acre Plantagenet  on 30 Apr 1290 in Westminster Abbey, London, England
- Died: 7 Dec 1295, Monmouth Castle at age 52
- Buried: 22 Dec 1295, Tewkesbury Abbey, Gloucester, England
Earl of Hertford. Cearleon. The Complete Peerage vol.V,pp702-8.
was a powerful English noble
Noted events in his life were:
• Acceded, 1262.
Gilbert married Alice de Lusignan  [MRIN: 4672], daughter of Hugh de la Marche and Angoulême le Lusignan Count de la Marche and Angoulême  and Yolande de Dreux . (Alice de Lusignan  died in 1290.)
Gilbert next married Princess Joan of Acre Plantagenet  [MRIN: 3712], daughter of Edward I Longshanks Plantagenet King of England  [9H5B-VJS] and Eleanor (Leonor) of Castile Countess de Ponthieu  [LC5J-YK4], on 30 Apr 1290 in Westminster Abbey, London, England. (Princess Joan of Acre Plantagenet  was born in 1272 in Acre, Palestine and died on 23 Apr 1307 in Clare, Suffolk, England.)